Monday, December 31, 2007

Frog2008


I have tried to create this design of scene by my imagination.
I am really enjoying scenes of nature and environment in contrast.


I would say modeling is an automatic part of the creative 3D work (in my case):).
The most difficult part of the work (in any program) for me is modeling.
Texturing is the area of 3D that takes most of the time. Next part – painting and drawing detailsL!! I used Photoshop cs3 for painting texture.




I used lights in classic three points systems. That was the base of lighting in most of my works.



Depth of Field as a Post Process (is the second time I’m trying this method,)



by this method I didn’t have to re-render the scene if later I changed my mind on how much Depth I wantedJ
By using Sampler Info to determine the object’s distance from the camera and the Set Range to convert that distance from 0 to 1; I applied this range value to the input of a blender node(Color 1 black and Color 2 white.),


And assigned the blender output to a surface shader, then to every object in the scene.
(AfterEffect’s blur and lumamate gives the Depth of the field effect).
Also the occlusion (mlb_amb_occlusion1) render layer made details more visible.
For compositing I used AfterEffects (But no color correction)

Click the image to see high resolution version


final image


happy new year :)

3 comments:

an-e-motion said...

Dear prasanth,
super works!!!!i like the greeny and frog
and the way of presentation is diffrent...good.
u could have added some more reality
to the eyes...i think

with regards,
sajan

prasanthtdhar said...

thank u yaar,
rly i'm trying:)

revo said...

yeah...nice works... agree with the above comment though...eyes can have some small reflections... and some shadow of the hand on the leaf will be good... especially where they come into contact... the leaf in the front looks flatly lit... some gradient/fall off light on it towards the bottom will be good... will help in shifting the focus of the viewer on to the frog.. the shadow on the bottom part of the frogs face is too dark when compared to the really bright surroundings.. overall light on the frog can also come down i think... although nice attempt... definitely looking good..:) keep improving it..

Artist Contact Card

This is my Noenga artistContact Card